Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lab on Monday 2-7

This was our first lab that we got to interact with the children at St. Mary's school a lot better than the first time. We were able to teach some games and involve all the kids with the activities. My group was the Special Project group so at first we went around and organized the closest which held all the equipment. I think this was an excellent thing to do first before having to teach because I got to see all the equipment that St. Mary's had and started to put some games together in my head. After completing our task with the closets, we then went out and played games with the children. The first game was run by the after school staff and it was a murder mystery game, it was a very quick game, but fun. Then our peers were on the other side of the gym teaching their games so we went over and participated with them and got involved with the students. At the end of the lab our group had to come up with a closing game, song and chant. I was able to teach my game at the very end. I should have been a lot more enthusiastic about my game to get the students really interested in it, there are always going to be the students who do not want to do anything you do even if it is the best thing on earth. There were some students who really liked it and others who did not want to play at all. Then our TA did the song and it was shake your sillies out, we went around in a circle and just danced, the younger students were really into it while the older students wanted nothing at all to do with it. Overall I believe the first day was a success and was a great time. I really enjoyed interacting with the students and finding out what some of their likes and dislikes were. I am looking forward to next weeks lab even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment